This project is a yearlong online written and visual document of my voyage towards completion of my MFA at School of the Art Institute of Chicago in May 2011.

RYTHM33, April 8th, 2010

RYTHM33, April 8th, 2010
photo:Miao Jiaxin

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

forty eight: Whiteout Poetry or just snow '11

Katya Grokhovsky, Snowday, 2011 , (not home not love 2008)

I'd like to make a snow bunny

Putting hands together she laughs out loud

Dance harder. No, wait stop. Stop right NOW

You have no right, no idea and no breath

Jump up and down: see, I had a flash of a storm

Behind you: The madmen laugh and your joy or was it terror?

Bloody awfully terrific Hot chocolate

Somewhere into the future: Officially engaged to nothingness

Energy suddenly, red wine flowing through me to them

Hangs on, hang on: I haven’t said it all yet

I propose to glow: actually, I learn faster

Believe or not: I dream bigger

Generating heat: Blanket one

It comforts softly: Bunnies, add some feathers

Sequins, my pants are falling

Heels clicking on concrete floor: Click:Click

Everything along the Lake: Has fallen

Tragically living and bestowing it on you

Hope it works. Hope it works out, gathering myself, pressing my burning cheek to the cold, shaking window, let's fly, Chicago: I, Margarita!

Over you, with grown wings, I slather the oil of youth and foster forth over your magnificence! Notes to self: do not forget to blink once in a while, and fly a little

My heart hearts your heart: remember: Year of the rabbit

Playboy Bunny Ears, I want them: oh no, I want a burger all of a sudden

With pickles on the side, those dill Kosher ones

Oh, I have sausages, I cook

Playfully I move my coins, contained in a jar

Hanging laundry, watching cycles, spinning my waist-length-hair (phantom limb)

Running on one spot, loving those trifles, caramel filling, oh yes

What are you talking about

Grey skies, lavender, sickly yellow, messed up pallette

Lightening strikes twice

My heart pounding against nobody's skin

Skin to my ear, I press: oh harder, I push extremely

Those blue sparkling, two of them. Eyes

Bless the storm and: Shuffle. Jump to that amusing radio station

Dry it all out. Warm it up: A plate of tomato soup, home cooked

Nowhere, along the line of small miracles

I forget. New York and Chicago and Los Angeles and Melbourne

Odessa, you are there too: I visit Rome

I propose the memories, they shriek away from my glance

Nowhere to run. Here I - snowbody. Out there: The whiteness, witnessing it

Oh this was childhood, ships and rolling snowmen and sliding down, breaking fragile limbs, screaming: Tumble down down the road, it just won't matter

Loving whatever and thinking of sex

Coffee. Again

Listen....

Not one thing is uttered. Music into air

The conclusions are reached and members notified

You will be recalled, in time for revenge

Read Primo Levi " The Periodic Table"

Perhaps, my own very system devised for YOU: See this. Watch this SPACE

Roads traveled, cookies and tea, Proust

Read all about it: EXTRA effort needed

Announcing periodically: Fashionably cute and exhausted

How beautiful, don't you think? The twirling poetry, bouncing there

The wind throwing it's magic ball to you. To me

Catching fire and in flight, I imagine this: I do not return: Never

Ever. And forever once again: Looping, linking major events of my life

Crushed under the weight of methods and blushing so sweetly:

Oh, I don't really blush, I turn unpleasant red all over

Roses and Roses, thorns and knees

And at the end of the day, do you think, the smallest gesture of my smallest finger on my smallest hand falters, altering the motion of the sea?

Perhaps it does

At the end of the day

The snow DAY>