This project is a yearlong online written and visual document of my voyage towards completion of my MFA at School of the Art Institute of Chicago in May 2011.

RYTHM33, April 8th, 2010

RYTHM33, April 8th, 2010
photo:Miao Jiaxin

Monday, February 28, 2011

fifty two: before the art and after expression


untitled, 2011

Expressing ultimate discontent, discomfort, which clouds clouds and swirls
twirling
see that object, I didn't make it
enough, enough I saw enough

I argue for no objects,
I argue for that, which will express, immaterial and material: plus visceral
that, which swirls and twirls

Gertrude Stein

Left and right I said believe it,
mask your face
go your own way, go your way, go your, way go
Tough mess seeping through:
my slightly adjusted scowl

Scowling at it all: grow down, and up you jump
Once I get going I will not stop:
for nothing: not even anything: things to do
thing for nothing, there are no things here
Face away, away you face the wall
badly cornered in your bad corner

girls are doing better
better they are

listen and behold or behold nothing, thing again
that means I have no idea
I am not interested at all whatsoever at all and no one to blame for it all
trust me: no one to blame
you did it all
yourself
woman, face the wall
they will not win
you have strong arms, which lift you
above and beyond the rest
strong legs which carry you far far further on and further away you run
running and standing still suddenly, stopping
look look looking around
soft struggle and slight change in atmosphere, time to flee the nest
those who flee, survive

centuries , it has been that long
and the end, has come
and it is a pink bed sheet and a blanket flying into the air