This project is a yearlong online written and visual document of my voyage towards completion of my MFA at School of the Art Institute of Chicago in May 2011.

RYTHM33, April 8th, 2010

RYTHM33, April 8th, 2010
photo:Miao Jiaxin

Sunday, February 13, 2011

fifty: timing perfect: I CAN CAN



Timing
Sometimes it's all about timing
and the question of what if
You cannot spend your life thinking about what if
What if
What if I never migrated to Australia
What if I continued my St Martin's Fashion Degree and became a fashion designer in London or Paris: as planned
What if I married my first great love and had children at the age of 25 in Paris?
What if I never came back to Australia to study for my second degree and never have met my Australian artist family ?

What if I never decided to continue My education and throw everything at my MFA?
What if? who would I, be where would I be?
would I be at all?
would I be the I, I am NOW?

For all this, what if I never came to being in the first place? The darkness of the abyss fascinates and calls forth all fears of never-everness, which used to plug my consciousness in childhood. Right before going to bed, I plunged into the fear and looped dread. Heavy thoughts, blanketing my tired limbs.

I messed up. Those clothes need to be thrown out. Perhaps one day I will learn to appreciate the fact that I am alone, or not alone.

I so CAN CAN,
I can !
I CAN CAN
slowly, lifting heavily
what the hell is wrong now?

Orange juice, apple cider and Smirnoff vodka...
Cure the cold, this cold of heart
once again
I forgot what I lived and loved
fluid in my head
Lonely thought, whatever happened to it all,
approaching spring
Timing
Perfect
or not
ready or not
here it goes
a week summed up in 6 word novel exercises:

Exhausted, attempted to try and failed.
Not enough love, she yelled louder.
Vodka, blood and tears, her vices,
Tears behind her eyelids, hidden, forever.
Do not escape this memory, now.
Fearing him, she started dancing faster.
Flowers, puppies, photographed in sepia tone.
The song is calling her to act.
Power lost, sunny world gained again.
Need to remain on the edge.
Traveling and remaining still, at times.
He cried for her, she laughed.
Damn it all, I am yours.
Running and forgetting, across the world.


work in the exhibition: Communicative Commonality



trip to NYC, CAA
MCA Chicago: Every house has a door