This project is a yearlong online written and visual document of my voyage towards completion of my MFA at School of the Art Institute of Chicago in May 2011.

RYTHM33, April 8th, 2010

RYTHM33, April 8th, 2010
photo:Miao Jiaxin

Monday, March 7, 2011

fifty three:



Untitled, 2011

Hear me,
going under
words
no words
worried
occasionally
respectful
dramatized
spectacular

Throw in the towel
perhaps
perhaps now
the time is for revengeful ideas
nowhere she walks over knives and proclaims the cool
now, she slams doors
read the article " The end of Men"
discuss!
when women are taking over, it is what? disturbing, says new yorker
disturbing, say men, promptly closing their eyes and sliding lower into the depths of the couches,
their mothers egging them on to do better
is this the end?
or the start of a new war?
war is never over, unitl it is over and it is never over, until she sings!

says she, starting to roar, forward, seeking,
bathed in pinks
glowing in sparkling tights and platforms,
surrounded by joy and masks of bleached blonde and Gagas:
strips and sings,
romance into your ears
Thelma and Louise kill the men

I search and search for empowerment
everywhere I look I am confronted by
laughter
laughing and crying she confirms sadness and no, I'm not lonely at all
I am quite sane and I march ahead, my failed revolutions in my skirts
heavy stepping over your incompetence and impotence
deal with it and stop asking me to seduce you
no, nothing is good or over and nothing is as nothing does
I said this all over and before it has begun, everything I said, I have said before
and again, again, over and again


She stands proud, contesting classicism
in her stride
blow air
and rejoice
sing and sip your high teas

it is time for that revolution
who says?
she says
the wounds are deep, they hurt,
and always on time