This project is a yearlong online written and visual document of my voyage towards completion of my MFA at School of the Art Institute of Chicago in May 2011.

RYTHM33, April 8th, 2010

RYTHM33, April 8th, 2010
photo:Miao Jiaxin

Monday, March 21, 2011

fifty five: down to the business of art

Katya Grokhovsky, 2011

Many and numerous: lectured and talked and desired and spoken to and kissed, liked, hated, held in high esteem and forgiven, crying out: no pain no gain, they said!

Red scarf and yellow dress have initiated your response towards my own dignity and surface.

Ok, so after all, how do I save this world? Tendency towards nihilist thought and existential rants. Red wine and sometimes bad coombinations of rum and coke. Lucid and touched.

So, the Russian will tear you slowly apart, into tiny bits, which will scatter across the world, for them you will search forever.Their reunion shall not be so pleasant.

Who wants to go on a "date" to discuss all? Non believer until proven otherwise, remains to be unproven.

IN the cafes of Paris dear, Paris proper, back when they knew, back when they floated on the hungry sea of illusions, how about that house? Shall we live there? Hard espressos and beer at McDonald's, buckwheat crepes, reembark, now! You designed a logo for both of our names, intertwined? Gothic style? You went to numerous cemeteries for inspiration? Drawing languid female figure in dark cherry inks on watercolor - pad paper, that is how it was, that is how it shall simmer your memories. Cherry and black night inks.

The spotty, murky, dark fairy tales of my mind and the sloppy seconds of my hardly wake subconsciousness. I had no dinner and hallucinated you, jeans are loose in the morning and eyes are glassy and glazed. Ideas are pouring in somehow, truthfully I do not wish this upon anyone.

What will you do, poor grad? Locally aware of methods of loving immoral values. To hell to hell.What's your secret?My sexual energy, recycling itself, circling my body, electrifying and shiny. I search. I meet sparkling eyes and receive wet kisses. I linger and walk away. Every time.

Revisiting my own gestural ideas and professional lingering in my mouth. What did I do? Proposals magnifying my need to beg the world. One at a time. More, just a little bit more. Just this time perhaps: just this once I receive one cookie, one! Beg borrow steal and I slip into miracles, readings and theories and constant flow. Remember this, now.