This project is a yearlong online written and visual document of my voyage towards completion of my MFA at School of the Art Institute of Chicago in May 2011.

RYTHM33, April 8th, 2010

RYTHM33, April 8th, 2010
photo:Miao Jiaxin

Sunday, October 10, 2010

thirty two: instructed to burn or 10.10.10

Katya Grokhovsky, untitled, 2010 (photo Andrew Green)

Katya Grokhovsky, untitled, 2010 (photo Andrew Green)

Katya Grokhovsky, untitled 2010 (photo Andrew Green)


Smouldering safely in my corner of unrequited somethings.
thought? prompting largely, safety first.
in numbers. I gather it all up. coffee stained t-shirts. Lots of t-shirts.
long time forgotten by now. Shiny clueless minutes.

Blinis. resort? blondes only here.Run the marathon.
Bank of America supports you dearly.
BABe. Eyes on you.My eyes on you and nearly collapsing. Heat and hunger.
I imagine.
confetti coloured and snow covered
trying hard so hard to create pushing overhang screaming wide.
what?
nothing.
keep at it keep going keep keep persevere survive let it, breathing deepest.
I don't understand your language.
I speak no American.
I am so sorry.
Let me touch you with my fingertip.
Little finger.
It's very small.

suffocating and lost
forcefully nodding to you.
forgiving them
I speak no Australian.
I am so sorry.
lovely eyes.
true.
remember? reembark time.10.10.10

mother
father
blue
velvety soft

teary eyed red eyed
fatigued
Balloon
Balloon up.

consume not me and nothing for her.
Instructed to leave and sleep less.
Stay younger.
be truthful
looking older
sophistication in time and fruitful stories.

the scripted woman
the scripted text.
to salivate on you
corners
bullets of sweat.
running down my back
scratched mascara stinging prickly
hairs hairs
yours
not mine .
shaving heads
flowers you brought her
density of that matter
quarterly forcing love

loving your own King
blonder fake and Cross cheeked
stay green
blue legs
Down there.Down under there.

Feeling Great and slight headache for you.