This project is a yearlong online written and visual document of my voyage towards completion of my MFA at School of the Art Institute of Chicago in May 2011.

RYTHM33, April 8th, 2010

RYTHM33, April 8th, 2010
photo:Miao Jiaxin

Sunday, October 31, 2010

number THIRTY FIVE: fatigue and truth, starbucks and bunnies




Katya Grokhovsky, 2010, Untitled, photo Andrew Green

Pink fluffy bunnies and long floppy ears and kangaroos. Around you, dancing to instructed directions to future love and prosperity for your dollar. art and dance and keep on moving your way through it all. I doubt there is anything else, backwards, step step and loose it. anxiety levels and stress hitting my face. Palmer House.

Whore?

Prostitution thoughts, red dress, will you slow dance? would you like to slow dance with me? will you, would you? Asking is not my forte, I ask. I smile softly and walk away after rejections. wives protecting husbands, their business men ...I haven't had enough yet, not enough drink in me for this..sir, it's just a slow dance..., my room is upstairs. I am a filmmaker from Brazil, this is a Meyer of my city dance with him, oh no, don't that's his wife. ok wife. Dance with me then? No? Women and women. dancing. Dancing. moving. why am I doing this? Doing it softly forgetting moving. Beautiful location strange audience ? what???? yes. what? yes. red or black? red. tight. no bra? yeah! little risque, hm. push them towards you. It is an old fashioned mating ritual. yes it is.auto erotic addiction let me share me with you , passed down from you to you, she is revolving around her own axis. never leaving the universe of her juices. flowing blood. ready for your bunny costume? pink?

Men/ women. Dance. with me. Lets do the can can baby, let me woo let me ask you. we are in the middle of a business meeting..ah yes, I see that. yes and your rooms are all upstairs. drained and fatigued, loose steps don't. Don't step on me. self esteem taking a bow: thank you for the dance. middle America and homophobia. why woman dance with woman how strange...no, you are not having my man. looking at you.I am not having anybody..it is just a slow dance..let me slow dance you to slow slow slow jazz slow

coffee and biscuits i just want to crawl into a fluffy ball and roll into a corner where drink is available. let me.

the story of bunny and two metals sticks:

Spotlight. Bunny pink fluffy costume on a floor in a heap. two metal sticks, curled and sharpened At the end. I made them.

Woman walks in. Gold heels, black dress.
Play the music: La Isla Bonita...

She dances.
Slowly puts on the bunny costume, keeps on dancing.

music stops.
She starts hissing: thiiiii...thiiiiiiiis thattttttt..thh ththhh thhhh
she is learning the sounds thhhhhh...
a story I never told you about is the story of the bunny.......
bunny hopped across the world
bunny loved the world but bunny had to relearn how to hop..hop hop..

bunny had to relearn how to talk as if bunny never talked before bunny had to learn how to walk as if bunny never walked before...bunny had to learn how to jump as if bunny never jumped before....but most importantly bunny had to learn th sound...because Bunny never made th sound before...
thhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

hhhh

Dance with the bunny:

Bunny costume. pink fluffy cheap.