This project is a yearlong online written and visual document of my voyage towards completion of my MFA at School of the Art Institute of Chicago in May 2011.

RYTHM33, April 8th, 2010

RYTHM33, April 8th, 2010
photo:Miao Jiaxin

Thursday, July 29, 2010

TWENTY TWO: I want to make nothing//



emptyheart, Katya Grokhovsky, 2010

Now, I think and think. Imagine worlds. Imagine art. Imagine openings for my art. Bed and extensive travels of the world. Interviewed on Russian TV about my piece in Moscow Bienalle. Living between My countries, teaching in the world-class art schools, projects, moving every 6 months. America, Australia, Ukraine, Russia, France, Italy, Japan, etc. Being many people through My practice. Learning trades. Learning crafts. Learning disciplines. I don't want to be a professional dancer. I want to dance. I don't want to be an ice-skater, I want to ice skate. I look around. 4 am. Bed. Chicago. Work tomorrow at 9 am. I make nothing. Sometimes I get up and dance. I sing also. Into the emptiness of furniture, plates and books. Internet just exists. I just exist. Ice under my feet. Short Red flowing dress. I swirl on ice to loud Russian music. Heart pounding, sweat slowly trickling down my arched back. Remember? I Produce nothing. Something is wrong or terribly right. Service economy - versus- object economy or no economy at all? People as material. My body as a tool. Carry me through. Emotions as a my tubes of paint. Squeezed out, empty. Faces: craving physicality. Imagining scenarios. Living swiftly through them. Finishing relationships, marriages, love affairs, beginning friendships, taking voyages. Worlds unseen. Waiting. Sometimes I have an incredible compulsion to document every second. What for? My research into the epidemic of narcissism has brought me back to Start. Myself. How to not be a narcissist? Extend and expand? Or - develop into a fully fledged narcissist and self-lover via constant obsessively illogical and systematic self-tracking documentation? Self-portraiture. Describe with words. Paint a picture. Facebook and blogs. Who the hell do you think you are?

openings: What it is, Sara Schnadt

apartment cleaning party
Emptyheart//gathering//action//thing @apartment

DVD's:

Frida,
You and me and everyone we know,
Pedro Almodovar: Volver, Broken Embraces
Red Baloon





emptyheart, 2010, Katya Grokhovsky, Australia