This project is a yearlong online written and visual document of my voyage towards completion of my MFA at School of the Art Institute of Chicago in May 2011.

RYTHM33, April 8th, 2010

RYTHM33, April 8th, 2010
photo:Miao Jiaxin

Saturday, November 27, 2010

number thirty nine: Cold to dull the pain/heat To relax it away




Katya Grokhovsky, Stand like a Woman, New Blood Festival IV, SAIC, Chicago, 2010
photo Andrew Green

Time. Large Yellow ceramic mug..I heart NY. Red heart.
WE are always wanting more. More. Nothing satisfies. We live in public.
Text message. one. another. who are you?
wooden angel. On its swing. made in Italy. 1950s?
woman woman woman. Man.
Let me recover. muscles hurting. one by one. massage. long hot shower. pomegranate body scrub.
Vitas. 1980s Soviet music. let me introduce you to love.
Slavery. Love slavery.
I remember you. Unless otherwise stated . She cares little. Thank you.
For freedom
sky
sweet potato pie.
its a rhyme. family....
small house criticisms. toys. glittered. made in Western Germany. no longer exists.
small mirror disco ball. polystyrene. covered in small pieces of mirror. sleepprettyinpink ear plugs. hot pink. Dolce and Gabanna.. The one.CVS vanishing sent sore muscle rub.
no mess pain reliving gel.
cool to dull the pain
heat to relax it away

In God we trust
Devchonochka....

Please forgive it all
I dance non-stop to your Reflex
Dance it
Creeping through the trust
Trust
Instruction to obey

I will never obey.
I will run.

Book 1 of Absurd Instructions For your Pleasure:
Dilute a bottle of Stolichnaya vodka with a large bottle of pomegranate juice. Drink. Dance.
Opera 1.

Gadalka. Give your hand to me, I will read it and translate your life to you.
See this? You won't make it.

Dance. The gypsy dance. Big skirts, long skirts. Colors: corals, pastels. Home Depot, paint colors. Match the paint to fabric.

Listening to older Russian pop...memories..pain emotions...loneliness.

Let me Thank you:

For : a place to love. food to eat. Air to breathe. Friends to spend a day chatting with into the cold of the frozen Chicago night. Ice.
kitchen. near a warm oven with The Bird. turkey leftovers.
Thanksgiving to you.

Let me make a twirl and look into your eyes.
romanticism all the way. Pushing pushing...

nude? with those?
watching watching. let me undress and see . would you like to see me naked? why yes?

no work about capitalism.
Russian men die young from alcoholism.
women are stronger.
women in heels.

Perhaps Moscow is calling...
Running in high heels in glamorous races
looking for the man
looking for status money
bags full of money
groceries
soup for Andy
bags
let me stand here and think it over

endure IT
since birth.
the birth
the first intercourse
insults
objectification for all of us.
suffer and suffer. Pain you do Like.

do not raise the voice.